Intro

Who would think Ireland would be hit so hard with recession? Everyone hoped it wouldn't touch us...... Please come back to my blog to follow recession news in Ireland and around the world.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shopping in Northern Ireland and saving well-earned money

So finally I went to do shopping to Northern Ireland and I'm very happy with that. We saved around staggering 188 Euros. Unbelievable!
  1. B&Q garden shed - €357 instead of € 445 from B&Q Ireland/€ 50o from Argos
  2. Hoover - € 89 instead of € 112 from Argos Ireland
  3. Lawnmower - €57 instead of € 87 from Argos Ireland
  4. Food from Asda Kilkeel - €62 euro - I would pay €100 for all this things in Ireland
There were few more things and definitely cheaper. Even paying for petrol we still saved around 188 Euro. Not bad for a day trip plus great savings.

I personally suggest to everyone to do the same thing - shop in Northern Ireland. Is it ethical? There is no answer to that? Should I shop in a rip-off land with terrible customer service???

Our goverment should reduce the VAT and then people will be buying and spending money here...


No comments: